Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mushroom time of year.


It's that time of year again. I've already had to hear stories of great mushroom finding success from my friends and family in Illinois, but now its my turn to tell everyone else about the delicate and beautiful morel mushrooms that my lovely wife brought home.

Of course I cannot disclose the location that they were found in, but I can gloat about what a perfect carrier for butter, flavor, and all things that are good the mushroom is. The highly coveted morel is such a wonderful thing.

If you were ever looking for a reason get off the couch and to head out to the woods...the morel mushroom should be more then enough to get you going. If you are lucky enough to find a handful or better yet, a bag full, you will be treated to a meal fit for royalty. With all the forest fires here in the Black Hills, it seems that our fungus hunting has improved over the past few years...or maybe we are just lucky.

A little hike, a little butter and salt in a cast iron skillet....drop in a handful of mushrooms, yeah! That's the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment